- Take your yard organic – Organic fertilizer provides the carbohydrates soil organisms require. Chemicals don’t.
- No crabgrass. And no chemicals – Corn gluten meal spread in late winter works just as well – without possibly harmful effects for your family and pets.
- Invite flying flowers – By planting azaleas, lilacs and other attractive flowering plants, you can actually attract butterflies to your yard.
- Water less for healthier grass – One heavy watering per week is better than less water more frequently. It promotes deeper roots, making your grass more drought resistant.
- See green at sale time – Unlike any other home improvement, landscaping usually returns more than 100% of the investment at sale time.
- Control doggy dead spots –If your dog creates brown patches, alter the ph of her urine with Brewer’s Yeast tablets.
- Don’t pine for pines – Pine trees, although pretty, kill lawns. The needles are acidic and smother grass, too. Be sure to have needles cleaned up regularly.
- Tick talk – To reduce ticks, create a 3-foot wide, 3-inch deep break of mulch, gravel or wood chips around the perimeter of your lawn.
- Bite mosquitoes back – One of the most commonly overlooked places mosquitoes breed is in gutters that don’t fully drain.
- Weed with feed – White distilled vinegar sprayed on the leaves will kill many perennial weeds – including dandelions.
Your property can take a real beating during those cold, desolate winter months. Debris like branches and leaves can accumulate into quite an eyesore come spring, and melting snow can create its own set of unique problems. It takes a lot of effort to get your lawn and landscaping ready for the warm weather. Let Bruce Cumming Landscaping lift the heavy burden off your shoulders by providing its array of spring cleanup services available for Chelmsford, Lowell, Billerica property owners.
Importance of a Thorough Spring Cleanup
You probably recognize the aesthetic benefits a thorough landscaping cleanup can provide, such as the removal of unsightly debris and generally providing your property with a neater appearance. You may also realize a cleanup is beneficial for promoting the healthy growth of your plants and shrubs. But were you aware that a proper spring cleanup can also provide health benefits for you and your family? Getting rid of debris and the bacteria that may grow on it also hinders the growth of mold, which not only is unhealthy for your plants, it can also aggravate any allergies you and your family members may suffer from each spring.
Proper pruning is essential to the lasting health and beauty of your shrubbery, especially after the damage which can result from a particularly harsh winter. Pruning also promotes new growth which is essential for a shrub’s long-term survival. At Bruce Cumming Landscaping, we know what it takes to keep your shrubs looking their best, and our pruning services will ensure that they’re ready for the spring season. Proper pruning requires a special touch, and improper pruning techniques can actually harm instead of help your shrubbery. Our landscaping professionals are well-versed in the required cutting techniques that ensure your shrubs will look great for years to come.
You may think of leaf removal as primarily a job for the fall when it can seem that leaves are literally covering your yard. However, leaves can also accumulate over the winter months, leaving quite a mess on your property when the snow finally melts. When you finally get all those leaves together, you’re still faced with the problem of getting rid of them. Let Bruce Cumming Landscaping help you by collecting those accumulated winter leaves and disposing of them for you, saving you the time and hassle of doing it yourself.
Flower and garden beds need special care to get them ready for spring planting. Any accumulated debris needs to be removed, as well as any unwanted weeds and plants that are occupying prime growing space. Bruce Cumming Landscaping can perform all the steps necessary to get your beds in top planting condition, ensuring easy planting, as well as helping your plants receive the nutrients they need. We’ll help you create a beautiful and bountiful garden you can enjoy throughout the spring and summer months.
We built our business on providing expert landscaping maintenance service, and we still take pride in our ability to deliver quality services in areas such as seasonal cleanups. Call us today at (978) 458-2145 or online www.cumminglandscaping.com/contact-us.
We look forward to serving your upcoming landscape needs.